Name- Nitin Narayan Dange
Date of Birth- 14th Oct 1973
M. B. B. S.
M. S. (General Surgery),
M. Ch (Neurosurgery)
Fellowship in endovascular neurosurgery Japan
Obserevership in vascular neurosurgery Barrow neurological institute USA
1404,A4 Wing loknirmaan dr Ambedkar Road
20Th Road Khar(w)
Pin Code- 400052
Mobile no- +919820529567
Email id- email@example.com
Present designation –
Department of Neurosurgery,
K.E.M Hospital & Seth G.S. Medical College, Parel, Mumbai 400 012. India
Editorial assistant- Neurology India (Jan 2006 till Jan 2009).
Vice president Full timer teachers association of Seth GS medical college and KEM hospital Parel Mumbai India(2009 – 2010)
Jan 1998- Mar 2001
G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital. Mumbai
Aug2002- July 2005
Ranked 9th in All India Entrance for MH-SSET 2003(Entrance test for MCh Neurosurgery)
1. M.S. Gen Surgery
2. M.Ch,Neurosurgery ‘Retrospective study of 110 cases of intramedullary spinal cord tumors ‘
Organising secretary of 10th Annual skull base surgery society of India conference held in Mumbai in Oct 2008.
1. “Foramen Magnum Meningiomas” in Spine, 2004 at Ooty India .
2. “Gliomas in India” in the Indo-Japanese conference held at Tokyo in May 2006.
3. “Cavernous sinus haemangiomas” on 13.9.2006 at the most prestigious 2nd international conference on Cavernous sinus held in Slovenia.
4. Presented two papers in 13th WFNS and 12thAACNS meeting in Nov 2007 at Nagoya Japan on ‘Second cervical (C2) neurinomas experience of 60 cases” and “Tentorial based epidermoid analysis of 106 cases”.
5. ‘Neurosurgery In India’ topic of presentation when invited as a guest speaker at Kameda Medical center Japan 28th Nov 2007 during Miami basso meeting
6. Surgical strategies for Olfactory groove meningiomas presented at WFNS meeting in Boston USA in Sept. 2009.
7. Presented a talk on Complex aneurysm managed by endovascular treatment on 9th sept 2010at Bhubaneshwar in ICCVS
8. Presented a talk On giant ICA aneurysm presenting as Carotic cavernous fistula a case report In bmbay neuroscianeces association (BNA) Aug 2011 in Mumbai
9. An unusual case of ruptured MCA aneurysm associated with hypercoagulable state management issues in Feb 2012 BNA in Mumbai
10. Faculty and guest speaker in NSSI Pune held on 4th March 2012 and delivered a talk on Posterior circulation aneurysm associated with bil. ICA occlusion.
11. Presented a talk on giant supraclinoid ICA aneurysm with symptomatic basilar artery stenosis a management dilemma.
a. Nitin Dange ,Amit Mahore, Atul Goel;”Ruptured Giant Dermoid Cyst Of Cavernous Sinus: An Unusual Case Report” Journal of Clinical neurosciences
b. Nitin Dange, Amit Mahore, Ritesh Kansal, Atul Goel, “Brain herniation through the anterior cranial floor in a long- standing frontal falcine meningioma”. Case Reports / Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 16 (2009) 1242–1243
c. Dange N., Bonde V, GoelA, Muzumdar D “Posterior fossa dermoid cyst in a patient with Goldenhar syndrome”:Pediatr Neurosurg 2007;43(6):522
d. Nitin Dange M Ch, Amit Mahore M Ch, Atul Goel M Ch “Thoracic compressive myelopathy due to post-traumatic intradural migration of ossified yellow ligament:
e. Goel A, Dange N.Case report”.Immediate postoperative regression of retroodontoid pannus after lateral mass reconstruction in a patient with rheumatoid disease of the craniovertebral junction. Case report. J Neurosurg Spine. 2008 Sep;9(3):273-6. Review.
f. Goel A. Sharma P. Dange N. “Techniques in the treatment of craniovertebral instability” in Neurology India Vol 53 No.4, Nov- Dec 2005.
g. Goel A, Muzumdar D, Dange N. “One stage reduction and fixation for atlantoaxial spondyloptosis: report of four cases”. Br J Neurosurg. 2006 Aug;20(4):209-13.
2. Menon RK, Dange NN, Desai KI, Goel A. Nadkarni TD: “Cranial migration of complete ventriculo-peritoneal shunt assembly”. J Clin Neurosci. 2006 Aug 25.
i. Goel A, Muzumdar D, Dange N..Syringomyelia in Infants Secondary to Mobile Chronic mobile congenital atlantoaxial dislocation – Pediatr Neurosurg. 2007;43(1):15-8.
j. Joshi V, Muzumdar D, Dange N, Goel A.Supratentorial convexity dural-based cavernous hemangioma mimicking a meningioma in a child.Pediatr Neurosurg. 2009;45(2):141-5. Epub 2009 Mar 25.
3. Goel A, Muzumdar D, Nadkarni T, Desai K, Dange N, Chagla A. ‘Retrospective analysis of peripheral nerve sheath tumors of the second cervical nerve root in 60 surgically treated patients’. J Neurosurg Spine. 2008 Feb;8(2):129-34
a. Cincu Marsalic RN, Agrawal A, Dange N, Goel A. “Tincture benzoin as an antiseptic and adhesive for preoperative surgical preparation” Neurol India. 2007 Jan-Mar;55(1):88-9.
m. Pujari VB, Jimbo H, Dange N, Shah A, Singh S, Goel A, “Fiber dissection of the visual pathways: Analysis of the relationship of optic radiations to lateral ventricle: A cadaveric study. Neurol India. 2008 Apr-Jun;56(2):133-7
4. Hingwala DR, Sanghvi DA, Shenoy AS, Dange NN, Goel AH, “Colloid cyst of the velum interpositum: a common lesion at an uncommon site”. Surg Neurol. May 2008.
O. Dange N, Mahore A, Avinash KM, Joshi V, Kawale J, Goel A.Chronic intradiploic hematoma in patients with coagulopathyJ Clin Neurosci. 2010 Aug;17(8):1047-9. Epub 2010 May 26.
Participation in various Workshops and Cadaveric Dissections:
1. Temporal lobe microanatomy by Ethicon at Mumbai on 17th October 2003
2. WFNS Skull base study group workshop on 8th November 2004, Mumbai
3. Endoscopic skull base surgery workshop on 3rd April 2004, Mumbai
4. Endoscopic Spine Surgery workshop in December 2004, Indore
5. 2nd Neuroendoscopic workshop April 2006, Mumbai
6. Micro Neurovascular surgery workshop on 3rd June 2006 by Ethicon, Mumbai
7. Balloon kyphoplasty workshop In Chennai India On 28th septmber2007
Conferences and workshops Attended/Actively participated:
1. Masicon -99 at Akola in January 1999.
2. General surgery live and hands-on workshop at K.E.M Hospital hospital Pune July 1999.
3. Laparoscopic Surgery conference and workshop at Kolhapur September 1999 by IAGES-DALES.
4. Masicon 2000 at Karad February 2000.
5. Oncology Update by Deccan surgical society August 2000.
6. Stereocon 2003Mumbai in Nov 2003 at Mumbai
7. 1st Indo-Canadian Conference and Movement disorder workshop at Mumbai in Feb 2003.
8. 12th National Neurotrauma conference at Pune in August 2003
9. Hands-on simulated workshop of Temporal Lobe microanatomy in October 2003 at Ethicon Mumbai
10. Endoscopic skull base surgery workshop in Mumbai in April 2004
11. International Conference on Spinal Surgery At Spine 2004 in Ooty on June 2004.
12. 6th annual skull base surgery society of India and WFNS skull base workshop at Mumbai in Nov 2004.
13. 6th annual skull base surgery society of India and WFNS skull base workshop hands on workshop at Mumbai in Nov 2004.
14. Endoscopic spine surgery workshop at Indore in December 2004.
15. 53rd Annual conference of Neurological society of India at Indore in December 2004.
16. 13th WFNS Interim and 12th AACNS Meet at Mumbai in January 2006 ..
17. 6th Asian conference of neurological surgeons and WFNS Education course at Mumbai in January 2006.
18. 2nd workshop on Neuroendoscopic Live surgery and Cadaver dissection course at Mumbai in April 2006.
19. Micro –Neurovascular surgery simulated training programmed by Ethicon in June 2006.
20. 15th Annual Conference of Neurotrauma Society Of India at New Delhi in august 2006.
21. Second International symposium on the Cavernous Sinus -20 years later at Ljubljana, Slovenia in September 2006Neurocon 2006 at Madurai in December 2006.
22. Fellowship at Barrow Neurological Institute(BNI) of most complex neurosurgical operations mainly neurovascular ,skull base and spine at Phoenix Arizona USA.
23. Neurosciences CME 2007 at Mumbai by BNA and Mah. chapter of neurosurgeons in April 2007.
24. 9th Annual skull base surgery society of India and International skull base CME hands-on workshop at AIIMS New Delhi in October 2007.
25. 9th Annual skull base surgery society of India and International skull base CME at AIIMS New Delhi in October 2007.
26. WFNS Education Course and hands-on skull base surgery course at Goa in May 2008.
27. Faculty in CME and Live neurosurgery course organized by K.E.M Hospital Neurosurgery department in Mumbai in October 2007.
28. ‘Neurosurgery updates In India ‘special invited speaker at Kameda medical center Chiba, Japan on 22nd November 2007.
29. ‘Neurocon 2007’ 56th Annual conference of Neurological Society of India in December 2007.
30. Panelist in Panel discussion on EMS including head injuries, spinal trauma and fractures at ‘CME 2008- Update On Surgery’ by MUHS in Pune.
31. Micro neurosurgery CME By Prof. M. G. Yasargil, during Ginde oration 2008 at Mumbai.
32. Endovascular fellowship from November 2008 to January 2009 at Fujita health University Nagoya, Japan.
33. Stereo tactic radiosuregry training course on 26th December 2008 by ‘Nagoya Radiosuregry Center’ Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital Nagoya Japan.
34. Hands On cadaver workshop on cervical spine and instructional course in spinal surgery at Mumbai in March 2009.
35. Presented a Paper on ‘Surgeries for Olfactory groove meningiomas’ at the 15th world congress of Neurological Surgery by AANS and WFNS at Boston, MA, USA in September 2009.
36. Presented a paper on complex aneurysm treated in the department of neurosurgery at ICCVS national meeting at Bubaneshwar in September 2010
37. Attended International neurosurgery update 2011 May 2011
38. Guest speaker and panelist on Update on management of Medulloblastoma held in July 2011 in ITC Mumbai by Tata hospital
39. 1st international conference on controversies and consensus in neurosurgeryf from 3d to 4th September 2011.
40. Neurocon 2011 held in Dec 2011 at Bangalore.
41. Faculty in NSSI 2012 held in Pune from 3-5th march 2012
Vascular neurosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, USA in March 2007.
Endovascular neurosurgery fellowship at Fujita Health university Nagoya Japan from November 2008 till January 2009.
Operated upon 1500 cranial, 300 spinal and 250 trauma cases by self since 2003 till date.
Done about 400 diagnostic cerebral DSAs and about 200 therapeutic procedures in endovascular neurosurgery (e.g. coiling of aneurysms, carotid stenting, Tumor embolizations,Dural AVF embolisation, AVM embolisation etc)
Areas of interest:
Vascular Neurosurgery (Endovascular and conventional) stroke management,
spinal cord tumors and intracranial meningiomas focusing complex, convexity, falcine, parafalcine and olfactory grove meningiomas.
Currently started an Endovascular Neurosurgery Program in the Department of Neurosurgery, K.E.M Hospital and planning to develop it to world standard.
Life member Neurological society of India.
Life member Skull base society of India.
Life member Bombay neurosciences association.
Life member Indian stroke associaton
Badminton and football as favorite sports and won medals in these at intercollegiate competition.