Dr. Swaroop Gopal
Director Neurosciences & Consultant Neurosurgeon
SAKRA WORLD HOSPITAL
- Dr. Swaroop Gopal is a Senior Consultant and Head of Neurosciences with over 20 years of Neurosurgical experience.
- Has performed more than 15000 surgeries for both brain and spine problems.
- Sub-specializes in Vascular Neurosurgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery, Neuro -Oncology and Neuro Endoscopy.
- Specially interested in surgery for stroke prevention.
- MBBS Bangalore Medical College
- MCh Neurosurgery NIMHANS
- Neuro-Oncology Fellow Edinburgh, UK
- Silver Jubilee Gold medal (NIMHANS)
- Hargobind Foundation traveling Fellowship (UK)
- International Cancer Research Foundation Fellowship (UK)
- Endovascular training (USA)
- High credentials during MBBS, College and School
- Performed the first Brain-bypass procedure in Karnataka state in 2008
- Has a large experience in Brain Bypass procedures in the state.
- Performed the first Trans – Radial Aneurysm coiling procedure in the state.
- Experienced clinical investigator and has been Primary and Co-Investigator in several International and National trials.
- Dr. Swaroop Gopal has more than 100 publications and presentations in both international and national journals.
- Member of several International and National neurosurgical societies.