Dr. VIKAS GUPTA
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
[Basic degree in medicine]
M.S (General Surgery)
[Post-graduate degree in surgery]
[Post-doctoral degree in neurosurgery]
FINR (Interventional Neuro-radiology)
(Fellowship in Interventional Neuro-radiology)
Name: VIKAS GUPTA
Age: 47 years
- International : Twelve
- National : Fifteen
- Contribution in Books : Nine
- Abstracts : Thirty Four
Professional experience: Fifteen years after post doctoral degree
Areas of interest:
- Neurovascular, Neuro-endovascular Surgery & microvascualr
Stroke Ischemic, Hemorrhagic stroke.
Address : Residence: 79, Kiran Vihar, Vikas Marg
New Delhi – 110 092, INDIA
Telephone : +91 98 1066 1522
Residence : +91-11-22370688,
Hospital : Director and Head of Neurosurgery, Centre of Neurosciences, BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi
Email : email@example.com
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
|M.B.B.S.||Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana – Punjab University||
|Five years medical school training including internship|
|Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana – Punjab University||
|Post-graduate Surgical training|
|M.Ch. [Neurosurgery]||G. B. Pant Hospital & Maulana Azad Medical College – University of Delhi||
|Post-doctoral Super specialty training in Neurosurgery|
|Institute of Neuro-Radiology, University Hospital, University of Zurich, Switzerland||
|Fellowship in Interventional Neuro-Radiology
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN NEUROSURGERY
Senior research associate May 1999 – April 2002 G. B. Pant Hospital &
Medical College New
Consultant Neurosurgery May 2002 – June 2004 Escorts Hospital &
Senior Consultant Neurosurgery June 2004- May 2012 Fortis Hospital
Director & Head of Neurosurgery May 2012- till date BLK Center of
Hospital, New Delhi
Associate editor of Indian Clinical Neurosurgery Vol I & II
HONORARY PROFESSIONAL VOLOUNTARY RESPONSIBITIES
- Honorary Secretary Delhi Neurological Association 2012-2015
- Treasurer of Delhi Neurological Association from 2005-2008.
- Joint Organizing secretary of annual meeting of NSI held in December 2012
- Organizing Secretary of Inaugural meeting of Neuro-Oncology Society of India, April 2009.
- Organizing secretary of Annual meeting UP Neurological Society held at NOIDA in 2004.
- Joint organizing secretary of Indian Clinics of Neurosurgery held at Noida in October 2005.
- Joint Organizing secretary of 15th Annual Meeting of Neuro-trauma Society of India held in New Delhi in August 2006.
- Treasurer of Organizing committee of 9th Annual Meeting of Delhi Neurological Association held in New Delhi in February 2007.
- Organizing secretary of Neuro Update December 2007 held at NOIDA
- Member of Fortis Hospital Ethical review board 2004-2008.
MEMBERSHIPS OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Neurological Society of India
- Congress of Neurological surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Walter Dandy Society
- American Stroke Council
- World Federation of intervention and Therapeutic Neuroradiology
- Indian Society of Cerebro-vascular surgery
- World Stroke Organization
- Skull Base Society of India
- Association of Spinal Surgeons Association of India
Delhi Neurological Association
Association of Surgeons of India
Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Society of Neuro-anaesthesiology and Critical Care.
Contribution to Neurosciences
I have been actively associated with Delhi Neurological Association since its inception in 1995, in fact it is probably one of the most vibrant regional Neurological Association of the country. It meets 12 times in a year to discuss academics for one hour on first Saturday of every month. It has held 15 annual meetings on time without fail. It has been my privilege to be associated with association, first as treasurer and now as secretary both times un opposed that is without any elections.
I am executive member of Delhi Spine society which also bimonthly meetings as well as regular Annual meetings. My center is an active host of one of the monthly meetings regularly.
I am a convener of Delhi Neurointervention forums, which I started with two other radiology colleagues, two years ago it meets every two months on third Thursday to share experience in this nascent branch, from physicians drawn from Neurosurgery, Neurology and Neuroradiology. In fact this has been one of the most satisfying experiences to make people share platform and keep it going.