To make the fellow proficient in following aspects of Interventional Neurology and Stroke :
- Signs and symptoms of disorders amenable to diagnosis and
treatment by Neuro Intervention techniques.
- Basic neurological examinations to evaluate patients with these
- Pathophysiology and natural history of these disorders.
- Indications and contraindications to Neuro Intervention procedures.
- Clinical and technical aspects of Neuro Intervention procedures.
- Reporting of diagnostic and follow-up Digital Subtraction Angiograms as well as reporting of Neuro Interventional procedures
- Medical and surgical alternatives.
- Pre and post procedure management of neuro Interventional patients.
- Neurointensive care management in consultation with neuro Intensivist.
- Prevention, recognition and management of complications associated with these Neuro Interventional procedures
- Fundamentals of imaging, radiation physics and radiation
- Integration of information available from imaging studies,
pertinent to the neurovascular practice.
- Communication with referring doctor, patient and family